- Digital instrument measures isometric grip force and strength increases in rehabilitation and physical therapy programs
- Typical hydraulic dynamometer system replaced with a circuit board and electronic load sensors, digitally measures hand and finger strength, delivers superior accuracy
- Digital readout readout measures from 0-200 lbs or 90 kgs, with adjustable handle that allows user to quantify grip strength for different sized objects, accommodates small and large hand sizes, with five grip positions from 1.375" to 3.375"
- Aluminum body with scratch-resistant UV coating protects all digital components from damage, unit does not have internal moving parts
- Requires two AAA batteries, comes in a reusable storage container, complete manuals with use and screening instructions, and one year warranty
Details: Jamar – Jamar has been the gold standard in hand and grip strength evaluation for over 40 years. Trusted by physical therapists, occupational therapists and certified hand therapists, Jamar comes from the original Sammons Preston family of products. If you are looking for a simple solution, the traditional Jamar hand dynamometer with analog gauge provides a cost effective alternative. Used to develop the original normative grip strength data, the Jamar can be trusted over lower quality imitators. If accuracy and technology is important to you, the Jamar Plus is the first choice with digital load sensors and automatic calculations of average grip strength and standard deviations. For the clinician looking for optimal ease of use, the Jamar Smart is mobile ready with a wireless app that makes testing and outputting grip strength results simple on a tablet. Also from the Jamar line are a wide range of manual and digital goniometers used to measure the angle of joints to assess progress during therapy. The Jamar monofilaments test sensation through the skin for a variety of standard therapeutic evaluation techniques.