Seniors and other individuals with certain types of injures or health conditions may have difficulty in getting in and out of bed, as well as achieving a level of mobility in bed to allow for them to eat, reposition, sit up, and relieve pressures that can be uncomfortable. Bedroom assists are a variety of devices designed to provide senior citizens and patients with tools to move about and function more effectively in bed, safely get into and out of bed, and create a safe bedroom environment.
Bedroom assists can be grouped in the following categories:
- Bed Assists – devices that provide support and stability for getting into and out of bed
- Bed Rails – attachable rails to the sides of beds for maximum protection from elevated beds
- Bedside Safety Steps – shortening the distance form the bed to the floor
- Bed Trapezes – devices to help changing positions in bed and transferring from a bed to a chair
- Bed Trays – devices to enable a person to eat while in bed
- Fall Mats – cushioned mats to place on the floor adjacent to beds, chairs, and other locations where the possibility of a fall exists
- Ladders – a ladder with rungs for grabbing to pull oneself up from a lying position to a standing position
- Lift Bars – provides protection against the weight of blankets on sensitive feet
Shop ProHealthcareProducts.com for bedroom assists to increase the functionality and safety of the bedroom environment and peace of mind to patient and caregiver.
A multitude of devices to assist individuals getting in and out of bed, eat while in bed, sit up from a supine position, and safety devices to protect against falls or to protect should a fall occur.