Upper Body Exercisers/Ergometers
There are no products listed under this category.
A Cardiorespiratory Training Device Using Only the Upper Body
The ability to obtain a good cardiorespiratory workout while only using the upper body is a reality with these machines. Some are designed with seat to use while sitting, others for use when standing, and others designed to allow the arm work in both sitting and standing modes with only little required adjustment. Further, some upper body ergometers are equipped with measurement capabilities to assess force, work accomplished, etc.
Some of the Unique Benefits of Upper Body Exercisers/Ergometers
1. The ability to get a good cardiorespiratory workout with only using your arms. Further, a person can perform interval training on the ergometer beginning with a 5-10 min warm up of gradual speed or resistance increase, followed by 15-30 second bouts of high speed/intensity and alternating with reduced speed/intensity for 3-5 minutes
2. The ability to get a good cardiorespiratory workout when a person’s lower extremity has been injured, is post-operative, or has arthritis, thus preventing or minimizing the loss of conditioning during the rehabilitation of lower extremity injuries or when have certain medical conditions
3. Is an excellent rehabilitation device for shoulder injuries, with the bidirectional movements of both extremities contributing to the movements
4. Provides a great “warm-up” of the upper extremities and torso in preparation for other exercises including resistance training
5. When using a standing upper body exerciser the core muscular is uniquely challenged to provide a firm and stable body from which the shoulder muscles are pulling against in producing arm movement, and the forces are transmitted through the pelvis and legs developing strength and stability
6. Some upper body ergometers are designed for wheelchair access making a cardiorespiratory workout available for those with accessibility needs
7. Helps maintain shoulder joint ROM in the sagittal plane
ProHealthcareProducts.com offers a variety of upper body exercisers/ergometers for your clinic or gym needs.