Massage is a manual therapeutic modality that produces physiological effects through mechanical stimuli of stroking, rubbing, and pressure application, and is used to treat a variety of musculoskeletal and other issues.
Check out our line of electrical massagers, percussors, thumpers, manual applicators, tables and tables, and associated accessories.
Massage is a therapeutic application that dates back thousands of years ago where it was used for natural healing. Capable of producing mechanical and reflexive effects, massage is widely used as a therapeutic to help facilitate healing, and to provide soothing and relaxing benefits. Over the years a variety of massage devices have been created and used successfully to facilitate these effects and benefits while providing the clinician with added capability to provide the needed stimulatory effects while also sparing their joints from the mechanical forces of delivering the massage.
Therapeutic effects of Massage
- Decreased tension in muscles and connective tissues
- Reduction in muscle spasm
- Removal of metabolites from tissues
- Reduction and removal of edema
- Altered pain transmission
- Increased lymphatic circulation
- Improved circulation for healing and repair
- The stimulation of reflexive effects
- Loosen adhesive conditions
- Mental anxiety and stress
Indications for the Use of Massage
- Tissue adhesions
- Improve range of motion
- Muscle spasm/cramping
- Mobility of scar tissue
- Trigger point stimulation
- Relief of mental stress and anxiety
Check out ProHealthcareProducts.com product line of manual devices, electric machines, and accessory items to assist in delivering the various massage techniques and to help spare musculoskeletal damage to the massage provider.