Human Arm Model, 6-Part “Regular” Muscular Arm by 3B Scientific Included
The 3B Scientific Human “Regular” Muscular Arm Model with 3B Smart Anatomy is a quality built three dimensional (3D) human arm anatomy model designed to help the student and the teacher better visualize, learn and explain the intricacies of the upper extremity for a greater understanding of, and appreciation for, its complexity and uniqueness.
Unique Features of the 3B Scientific Anatomical Model - Regular Muscular Arm 6-part with 3B Smart Anatomy:
- ¾ life size muscular left arm and shoulder
- 6-part model to better illustrate the superficial and deeper muscles (5 muscles are removeable)
- High detailed visualization of the muscles, tendons, nerves, vessels, and bones of the left arm and shoulder
- Parts on the arm are numbered for easy and quick identification
- Includes 3B Smart Anatomy App – 1 year access to the 23 anatomy lectures, 117 interactive models, and 39 quizzes. Can also register the model to extend warranty from 3 to 5 years
What do studies of using anatomical models in teaching and learning anatomy say?
Reference: Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2016 Oct;21(4):883-95.
The Effectiveness of Physical Models in Teaching Anatomy: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
The meta-analytical results are: educational methods using physical models yielded significantly better results when compared to all other educational methods for the overall knowledge outcome (p < 0.001) and for spatial knowledge acquisition (p < 0.001). Significantly better results were also found with regard to the long-retention knowledge outcome (p < 0.01). No significance was found for the factual knowledge acquisition outcome. The evidence in the present systematic review was found to have high internal validity and at least an acceptable strength. In conclusion, physical anatomical models offer a promising tool for teaching gross anatomy in 3D representation due to their easy accessibility and educational effectiveness. Such models could be a practical tool to bring up the learners' level of gross anatomy knowledge at low cost.
Dimensions: 24” x 7” x 7”
Weight: 5 lbs.
Notice: Typically ships in 1-2 days