Human Anatomy Models: 4-Part Female Pelvis Model with Ligaments and Organs, 3B Smart Anatomy
Unique Features of the 3B Scientific 4-Part Female Pelvic Model with genitourinary anatomy, 3B Smart Anatomy:
- A very detailed and life-size female pelvis presents the genitourinary anatomy with topography of bones, support ligaments, pelvic floor muscles and female pelvic organs
- Left half of the pelvic contains the muscles of the pelvic floor including levator ani, ischiocarvernosus, deep and superficial transverse perineal, external anal sphincter, external urethral sphincter
- Right half of the pelvis shows the bones with pelvic ligaments
- A partially removeable bulbospongiosus demonstrates the vestibular bulb and Bartholin gland
- A removeable midsagittal section through the urinary bladder, vagina, uterus and rectum allows for the demonstration of the relationship of the pelvic floor within its openings for the urethra, vagina, and rectum
- Includes 3B Smart Anatomy App – 1 year access to the 23 anatomy lectures, 117 interactive models, and 39 quizzes. Can also register the model to extend warranty from 3 to 5 years
What do studies of using anatomical models in teaching and learning anatomy say?
Reference: Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2016 Oct;21(4):883-95.
The Effectiveness of Physical Models in Teaching Anatomy: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
The meta-analytical results are: educational methods using physical models yielded significantly better results when compared to all other educational methods for the overall knowledge outcome (p < 0.001) and for spatial knowledge acquisition (p < 0.001). Significantly better results were also found with regard to the long-retention knowledge outcome (p < 0.01). No significance was found for the factual knowledge acquisition outcome. The evidence in the present systematic review was found to have high internal validity and at least an acceptable strength. In conclusion, physical anatomical models offer a promising tool for teaching gross anatomy in 3D representation due to their easy accessibility and educational effectiveness. Such models could be a practical tool to bring up the learners' level of gross anatomy knowledge at low cost.
Dimensions: 7” x 7” x 11”
Weight: 6 lbs.
Notice: Typically ships in 1-2 days