Human Anatomy Models: Anatomical Lumbar Sacral Spinal Column
The 3B Scientific Lumbar, Sacral, and Coccygeal Spinal Column provides an excellent teaching and learning tool for the study of the anatomy of the lumbar, sacrum, and coccyx regions of the spinal column.
Unique Features of the 3B Scientific Lumbar Spinal Column, 3B Smart Anatomy:
- Includes all 5 lumbar vertebrae and their associated intervertebral discs
- Displays the spinal cord running through the vertebral foramen and the exiting lumbar spinal nerve roots
- Lumbar vertebrae are anatomically positioned over the sacral base
- Mounted on a base for easy display and storage
- Includes 3B Smart Anatomy App – 1 year access to the 23 anatomy lectures, 117 interactive models, and 39 quizzes. Can also register the model to extend warranty from 3 to 5 years
What do studies of using anatomical models in teaching and learning anatomy say?
Reference: Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2016 Oct;21(4):883-95.
The Effectiveness of Physical Models in Teaching Anatomy: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
The meta-analytical results are: educational methods using physical models yielded significantly better results when compared to all other educational methods for the overall knowledge outcome (p < 0.001) and for spatial knowledge acquisition (p < 0.001). Significantly better results were also found with regard to the long-retention knowledge outcome (p < 0.01). No significance was found for the factual knowledge acquisition outcome. The evidence in the present systematic review was found to have high internal validity and at least an acceptable strength. In conclusion, physical anatomical models offer a promising tool for teaching gross anatomy in 3D representation due to their easy accessibility and educational effectiveness. Such models could be a practical tool to bring up the learners' level of gross anatomy knowledge at low cost.
Dimensions: 13” x 5” x 5”
Weight: 2 lbs.
Notice: Typically ships in 1-2 days