When a patient suffers from permanent or deteriorating balance and mobility issues, the goals of maintaining independence and participating in daily activities are still possible provided the right assistance is involved. Assistive devices, such as mobility scooters, allow patients to maintain their independence and still actively participate in their daily life.
When a patient considers getting a mobility scooter, the biggest question becomes which mobility scooter to consider? As with buying a car, sometimes the answer lies in the available features each mobility scooter offers. The Spitfire Scout 3-Wheel Scooter is one mobility scooter on the market which offers many features most patients need to support them in their daily routine.
The Best Features of the Spitfire Scout 3-Wheel Scooter
- Maneuverability: The Spitfire Scout has a 45 inch turning radius, meaning it can maneuver even in tight spaces. This makes it the perfect choice for use when doing any sort of shopping when managing aisles and crowds might be an issue.
- Accounts for taller patients: Just as with buying a car, taller people when buying a scooter can sometimes feel like certain scooters aren’t made for them, because they don’t have any room. The Spitfire Scout has an extended footboard and 3 height selections in the seat to work for patients of nearly any height.
- Comfort: Comfort is a must-have feature! No one wants to be out running errands in a scooter that is uncomfortable to sit in. The Spitfire Scout has comfort in mind with an upholstered stadium seat with padded arm rests.
- Ease of transfer: Ease of transfer is a must-have feature when considering which scooter to purchase, particularly when balance may be an issue for patients. With a moveable tiller and armrests that flip up, and a seat that is able to swivel 180 degrees, transfers in and out of the Spitfire Scout are made with ease.
- Easy to charge: One feature I really appreciate is the battery gauge which is easy to read and know when the battery may be getting low. When the battery is low, charging is also a snap with its accessible port on the battery pack.
The Spitfire Scout 3-Wheel Scooter is one of those tools that not only help maintain quality of life, but helps improve it for users with its ease of use and available features. It’s a must-have tool for patients with balance and walking issues that still would like to maintain their own independence and keep to their normal routines.