When I first started working in rehabilitation, my knowledge of mobility scooters was limited to the ones offered to shoppers in markets. While these scooters are great for helping people with limited mobility to get around indoors, they aren’t as stable when going outside in slightly rougher terrain. When experiencing mobility issues, it can be intimidating to consider going outside and navigating uneven terrain.
Mobility scooters have come a long way. The Spitfire Scout 4-Wheel Scooter offers more stability for people looking for a mobility device that allows them more stability outdoors.
Additionally, the Spitfire Scout 4-Wheel Scooter offers many benefits that most patients with mobility issues will appreciate.
The Best Benefits of the Spitfire Scout 4-Wheel Scooter
- Excellent Comfort: With an upholstered stadium seat, padded arm rests and adjustable tiller with easily-accessed controls, patients will be riding in style and comfort.
- Flexible Sizing: As we all know, there isn’t truly a one size fits all for bodies and the Spitfire Scout 4-Wheel Scooter accounts for all body-types, 3 height selections in order to fit patients of any height.
- Access for Outside Terrain: In addition to being able to use the Spitfire Scout 4-Wheel Scooter indoors, patients can use this scooter in outdoor terrain as well, giving them more flexibility and independence.
- Great performance: In addition to its high performance over outside terrain. It also has a battery gauge that easily shows the need for recharging; with simple recharging available from the port on the battery pack.
- Ease in transfers: One of the most important features for patients with mobility issues is being able to get in and out of the scooter with ease. With armrests that flip up and a seat that swivels 180 degrees, it’s easy for patients to get in and out of the scooter.
Bonus: This last feature is a bonus and it’s important. The Spitfire Scout 4-Wheel Scooter is easy to disassemble, meaning most patients will be able to use and travel with their scooter on their own.
Being able to give patients access to both indoor and outdoor mobility is priceless when considering how much mobility issues can curb their independence. The Spitfire Scout 4-Wheel Scooter gives them back some of that independence with quality and comfort in mind.