The Advantages & Benefits of Using the JTECH Commander
The ability to assess strength accurately is a necessity in any rehabilitation equipment. There are four main functions for muscle testing in rehabilitation:
- To establish a patient’s baseline strength
- To identify any deficits, injury or possible disease
- To track rehabilitative progress
- To identify possible indicators for future physical ailments
The device used to measure strength is a dynamometer which is able to adequately calculate force or power exerted. There are many hand held dynamometers on the market, which can make it difficult to know which to choose. We recommend the JTech Commander handheld dynamometer for its versatility and advanced innovation.
The JTech Commander hand dynamometer gives practitioner’s the ability to perform manual muscle testing without the need for a computer. Designed for efficiency, the JTech Commander helps practitioners plan treatment, evaluate patient progress, manage their case load and rate impairment easily.
The JTECH Commander Hand Held Dynamometer Features:
- Easy to Use: Designed to be used anywhere in the office, the JTech Commander doesn’t have to be hooked up to a computer for use and with its compact design it fits easily in the practitioner’s hand.
- Records Data: Muscle testing requires multiple tests on both sides of a patient’s body. Keeping track of the results takes time and organization. The JTech Commander makes it simple to track patient data with the ability to record, store and analyze up to 40 bilateral tests and with up to four repetitions per side, practitioners know they’re getting the most accurate results.
- Simplifies Analysis: In order to adequately evaluate strength, there needs to be an objective analysis of test results. The JTech hand held dynamometer simplifies analysis with the ability to calculate bilateral strength deficits when comparing side-to-side. Additionally, the JTech dynamometer automatically calculates the multiple repetition coefficient of variation (CV) which defines for the practitioner consistency in the patient’s effort.
- Ensures Accuracy: Tests are only valuable if they provide accurate results. The JTech Commander was designed with what is called "Axis Compensation" circuitry. This innovative electrical system guarantees the practitioner 99% accuracy across entire test pad.
- Easy to Set Up: Valuable treatment time can be lost setting up complicated rehabilitation equipment. The JTech dynamometer was designed to be more efficient with a “Quick Connect” system. This advanced design makes it easier and faster to change out testing pad for each patient.
Optional Accessories for JTECH Commander PowerTrack II
- Downloader Software: More and more clinics are storing patient data records online. The JTech Commander was designed to be used without the need for a computer, but has available downloader software in order to import patient test results directly to the clinic’s computer.
What makes the JTech Commander such a great hand held dynamometer? The JTech Commander is a great manual muscle testing device because it marries innovation with reliability and accuracy. However, one of the most important questions is whether a dynamometer is easy to use both for the practitioner and the patient. With its innovative design and advanced technology, the JTech Commander answer is a definite yes.