Sometimes it’s necessary to measure strength in order to evaluate a person’s ability to successfully complete job tasks. When hiring for jobs that require manual labor or physical skill, it’s important to have a way to identify the best applicants. Some jobs that may require strength testing include:
- construction related jobs
- police or firefighter personnel
- military positions
Part of the requirement for adequate testing is that it shouldn’t require more strength to successfully complete the test than it does to perform the job’s specific job duties. When testing for strength for job tasks, it’s important to have a device that can specifically measure the strength of a subject’s back, legs and chest.
The Baseline Back-Leg-Chest Dynamometers are perfect for measuring the strength of the chest, legs and back. In addition to being able to test all three areas for job task assessments, the Baseline dynamometer has features that set it apart from other strength measuring devices.
Benefits of the Baseline Back-Leg-Chest Dynamometers
- Measures Strength & Function: Strength refers to the exertion to required force for a specific task (i.e. lifting 30 lb. boxes from the ground to an overhead platform). Function refers the ability to complete the specific task. This back-leg-chest dynamometer is able to measure both strength and function.
- Safe to Use: It can be difficult to work with and measure strength of large muscle groups, so it’s important to have a device that won’t move or jostle during testing. The Baseline dynamometer was designed with a measurement base (oversize base is also available) that provides secure footing for person being tested.
- Accommodates Most: With variances in body type, strength and ability, it’s important for a dynamometer to be able to adjust for those differences. This Back-Leg-Chest Dynamometer was designed with an adjustable chain length to accommodate different heights or to vary the point of force application.
- Easy Data Capture: Keeping track of the maximum reading result is particularly important when testing potential job candidates in order to create an equal and fair opportunity. The strength reading of this Baseline muscle testing device can be read in pounds or kilograms and data capture is easy to record because the maximum reading remains on the gauge remains on the unit until it’s reset.
- Fully assembled: The Baseline Back-Leg-Chest Dynamometer comes ready for use out of the box. This takes the guess work out of assembly or making sure the device is working correctly. Additionally, it comes with a protective carrying case making it easy to transport and safe to store.
The Baseline Back-Leg-Chest Dynamometer is a great device to perform strength testing to evaluate job task ability and function. Not only is it easy to use, it’s portable, safe and accurate.
Related Article: Baseline Back, Legs, and Chest User Manual