CAMRY Digital Hand Dynamometer
Grip Strength Measurement up to 200 Lbs / 90 Kgs
Camry Hand Dynamometer Features
ACCURATE - Designed with a precise force grade sensor, this dynamometer provides reliable digital readings of grip strength measurement at full force up to 198 lbs/90kgs.
USER FRIENDLY - The instructions for use of the Camry Grip Dynamometer is simple for user’s. They need to squeeze the hand dynamometer with maximum isometric effort for at least 5 seconds.
INSTANT RESULTS: Rather than needing to compare results against a grip strength chart, the LCD will automatically display the maximum grip value and a grip value status bar showing the status of “weak”, “normal” or “strong” according to age and gender preset for each test.
DATA STORAGE - Testing no longer needs to be interrupted to record results. The Camry digital grip strength device can store data for up to 19 definable users, and their records can be recalled anytime when needed.
Camry Digital Hand Dynamometer Product Description:
The Camry digital hand dynamometer is a grip strength measurement device specifically engineered to provide reliable, easily replicable results for use in a doctor's office, physical therapy clinic, sports training facility, etc. The Camry electronic hand grip dynamometer is one of the most affordable strength measuring instruments on the market today perfect for measuring the maximum isometric strength of the hand and forearm muscles.
Benefits of the Camry Dynamometer
Tracks incremental increases or decreases in grip power from previous recorded test for easy tracking
With an adjustable design, it’s simple to get the ideal grasp and fit for hands of all sizes, from small to large
A large LCD screen makes strength measurements easy to read and includes valuable information: user code, age, gender, grip value in pound or kg and grip status.
5-year product warranty.
How to Use the Camry Digital Hand Dynamometer for Grip Strength
Instructions on how to use the Camry dynamometer are included in the owner’s manual, but it was designed to be easy to use:
Camry Dynamometer Instructions
Press (ON/SET) button to turn device on;
The middle two buttons (ARROWS up/down) allow the practitioner to select a different user. Then press (ON/SET) button to cycle between gender and age of the selected user, and edit the values using the arrows.
When you are ready to start testing, hit the (START) button to test the patient’s handgrip.
Press (ON/SET) button to convert between LB / KG.
As the patient squeezes, it shows the amount of force they are currently squeezing, showing max/peak results as soon as they release.
Press the (ARROW down) button to save the result, or hit (START) button to retest.
After the grip test, the max result is displayed.
Comparison of the last saved result is displayed in lbs/kgs after 6 seconds.
Pros & Cons of the Camry Hand Dynamometer
- The Camry hand dynamometer can be read in either pounds or kilograms of force.
- Switches easily between pounds (Imperial) and kilograms of force (technical).
- Easy to use dynamometer with quick changes to testing parameters with a press of a button.
- Provides decimal precision to tenths of a pound or kilogram.
- The Camry dynamometer can be used for children who are 10 or above. The Camry dynamometer user manual details that use of the device is appropriate for ages 10 to 99.
- Adjustable handle between 3.3 X 1.3 inches to accommodate different hand sizes.
- Affordable strength measurement tool
- The unit for force is one Newton using the Metric system. Unfortunately, the Camry digital hand dynamometer cannot be set to read Newtons, however can be easily calculated using a standard conversion, if necessary.
- Sometimes the start button on the dynamometer must be pressed a few times to zero out and/or to change from pounds to kilograms. The benefit to this is if the button is pressed accidently it doesn’t automatically zero out your results.
- Only measures up to 200 lbs. grip strength, however patients needing more than this is extremely rare.
- The Camry digital dynamometer can’t be used for children under 10, because it does not adjust enough to accommodate smaller hands. Yet, the need for measuring strength in children under 10 is rare.
- May not be appropriate to use in populations with severe strength deficits because the Camry hand dynamometer doesn’t register grip strength under 10 pounds. It should be noted that the Camry can still identify a deficit in these populations.
- The Camry dynamometer can’t be used with hands bigger than 3.3 inches, but the need for a larger device is unlikely.
- Readings may not be as adequate as a calibrated device with proven results, like the Jamar dynamometer, but will provide accurate results for identifying strength deficits.
- May have different strength testing results with re-tests, but can use an average calculation to get an approximate value to apply to strength deficits.
- Manufacturer is slower to respond with product queries, but will respond with product issues.
Camry Digital Hand Dynamometer Specifications:
Capacity: 198lbs / 90kgs; Division: 0.2lbs / 0.1kgs.
Display: ‘’ LCD screen 2.05 x 0.91 inches / 52 x 23 mm.
Size: 7.7 x 4.9 x 1.2 inches / 195 x 125 x 30 mm (L x W x H approx).
Handle Width: 3.35 inches / 85mm.
Data Storage: 19.
Displayed Measurements: User code, age, gender, grip value in pound or kg and grip status.
Perfect for: Home, sports and clinical use.
Power: 2 AAA batteries included.