Deluxe Functional Knee Joint Model with 3B Smart Anatomy Included
The 3B Scientific Deluxe Human Functional Knee Joint Model is life-size and made of durable material. Its functional characteristics allow for the ability to demonstrate knee/tibiofemoral joint movements -flexion, extension, and rotation in the flexed position. Provides a great model for teachers to demonstrate to students and physicians and therapists to demonstrate to patients the skeletal and ligamentous anatomy of the knee joint and possible pathologies involving the ligaments.
Unique Features of the 3B Scientific Deluxe Anatomical Knee Joint Model with 3B Smart Anatomy:
- Shows the skeletal anatomy of the knee joint (portions of femur, tibia, and fibua) and associated ligaments
- Clearly defined ACL and PCL ligaments and medial and lateral collateral ligaments and menisci
- Cartilage area on knee joint surfaces is painted blue
- Functional knee joint on stand for easily display
- Provides stretchable ligaments allowing the demonstration of knee movements – flexion and extension
- Includes 3B Smart Anatomy App – 1 year access to the 23 anatomy lectures, 117 interactive models, and 39 quizzes. Can also register the model to extend warranty from 3 to 5 years
What do studies of using anatomical models in teaching and learning anatomy say?
Reference: Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2016 Oct;21(4):883-95.
The Effectiveness of Physical Models in Teaching Anatomy: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
The meta-analytical results are: educational methods using physical models yielded significantly better results when compared to all other educational methods for the overall knowledge outcome (p < 0.001) and for spatial knowledge acquisition (p < 0.001). Significantly better results were also found with regard to the long-retention knowledge outcome (p < 0.01). No significance was found for the factual knowledge acquisition outcome. The evidence in the present systematic review was found to have high internal validity and at least an acceptable strength. In conclusion, physical anatomical models offer a promising tool for teaching gross anatomy in 3D representation due to their easy accessibility and educational effectiveness. Such models could be a practical tool to bring up the learners' level of gross anatomy knowledge at low cost.
Dimensions: 5.2” x 5.2” x 14.2”
Weight: 3 lbs.
Notice: Typically ships out in 1-2 days