Lafayette Instrument 01165 Manual Muscle Testing (MMT) Device
For physicians who need to quantify muscle strength testing, Lafayette's model 01165 MMT device is the perfect fit. Lafayette's new 01165 Manual Muscle Tester adds additional functionality, including wireless capabilities for transmitting test data, to the older discontinued 01163 MMT.
To perform muscle testing using this device, the clinician applies force to a patient's arm, leg or whichever limb requires strength testing. The objective of the test is for the clinician to overcome or break the patient's resistance.
The Lafayette MMT Unit records the peak force and the time required to achieve the break. Providing reliable, accurate, and stable muscle strength readings that conform to most manual muscle testing protocols.
The MMT also features a wide range of customizable options for data storage, preset test times, and force thresholds.
Features of the Lafayette 01165 MMT include:
- Three (3) easy to change molded plastic stirrups with pads
- Measures: Peak force, Time to reach peak force, Total test time, Time within selectable ranges, and Average force.
- Data storage for up to 150 tests in on-board memory
- Automatic or manual storage of data
- Measurement range 0-300 lbs (136.1 kg/1335 N)
- Selectable test time from 1 - 10 seconds
- Tone to indicate start, stop, and entering within a range
- Microprocessor controlled
- Built-in stored data browsing capability
- Easy to read graphical LCD display
- Automatic shutoff after 5 minutes of inactivity
- Battery indicator on LCD display
- Interactive menus allowing users to select device options
- Battery powered: (1) rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Battery Life: 6 hrs powered on, 30 minutes after low battery condition
Technical specifications of the Lafayette 01165 MMT:
- Size: 3.16 x 5.11 x 1.6 (8.03cm x 12.98cm x 4.1cm)
- Accuracy: ± 1 % over full scale or ± 0.2 lbs
- Battery Charge Time: 80% charge => 45 minutes / Full charge => 2 hrs
- Data Storage Capacity: 150 tests
- Calibration Points: 31 point (Every 10lbs, 0 - 300)
- Preset Test Length: 0.5-10 seconds; in 0.1 second increments