MICROFET®2 WIRELESS HANDHELD DYNAMOMETER FOR ACCURATE AND RELIABLE MUSCLE STRENGTH TESTING BY HOGGAN SCIENTIFIC
The MicroFET®2 (FET-Force Evaluation and Testing) Handheld Dynamometer (HHD) device is a wireless, state-of-the-art, diagnostic and evaluation tool that provides objective, reliable, and quantifiable muscle strength measurements. The accurate assessment of an individual’s strength has shown to be an important indicator of mobility limitations, impairment due to a multitude of diverse medical conditions, and as a predictor of important outcomes such as mortality, hospital length of stay, and even overall general health and well-being.
Professions That Use Handheld Dynamometers
- Physical Therapists, Chiropractors, and Occupational Therapists: To evaluate status of an individual’s current level of muscular strength and impairment and to monitor progress overtime toward rehabilitation goals.
- Doctors: As an important component of the physical examination of a patient to diagnose and assess the impact – disease activity and damage – of various inflammatory myopathies (IM) whose prominent clinical feature is muscle weakness, and to evaluate the effectiveness and to support intervention strategies.
- Medical Researchers: To provide the sensitivity and responsiveness to detect minimal muscle strength changes in determining clinical significance and relevance.
- Kinesiologists, Physiologists, and Educators: As an effective tool in teaching key kinesiological principles for better student understanding through application strategies.
- Health Coaches and Trainers: As an effective tool for assessing a person’s baseline strength, for comparison to normative values, and as an effective tool to show progress toward motivation of the client.
Specifications and Unique Features of the MicroFET®2 Handheld Dynamometer
- Wireless technology that offers the freedom of movement without the inconvenience of cords or wires, while testing in all three planes of motion. And, the portability to take it with you anywhere you go
- Has a measurement range of 0-300 lbs. of force
- Three selectable units of measure: pounds (lbs), Newtons (N), or kilogram-force (kgf)
- Allows two threshold settings for muscle testing:
- Low threshold – 0.8 lb. to 300 lbs. in 0.1 increments
- High threshold – 3.0 lbs. to 300 lbs. in 0.1 pound increments
- An accuracy of within 1% of measured value
- Includes three different testing attachments: 1 flat transducer pad, 1 curved transducer pad, and 1 digit transducer pad – for enhanced fit on various body parts
- Ergonomic design and light weight for ease and effectiveness of use that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand
- Powered by a rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Contains a self-activating “sleep” mode after 3 minutes to preserve battery life
- Stores up to 30 tests
- Easy to read LCD display with brightness control. Display is located on the gauge and shows peak force and elapsed time
What is Included with Your Purchase?
- Wireless MicroFET®2 digital handheld dynamometer
- Three different transducer pads: flat, curved, and digit
- User Manual
- Wall pack power supply
- Carrying case
- Calibration certificate
- One-year standard warranty (parts & labor), 1 free calibration (shipping not included), and lifetime tech support.
- Optional Extended warranties available:
- Gold: 2-year parts & labor, 2 free calibrations (shipping not included), 1-year software updates, and lifetime tech support.
- Platinum: 3-year parts & labor, 3 free calibrations (shipping not included), 2-year software updates, and lifetime tech support.
Optional Software Packages for MicroFET 2
Two different MicroFET®2 software application packages (Windows Compatible Only)
- Clinical Software Package: Provides muscle/joint and spinal range of motion protocols, allows patient tracking, analysis, and comparison statistics with narrative and graphic reports.
- Data Collection Package: Designed for research and educational applications, the software captures and displays test data, which can be opened in most spreadsheet programs in comma-separated values for further analysis.
About Hoggan Scientific
For over 50 years Hoggan Scientific has been recognized as a world leader with expertise in research, innovative design, and manufacturer of health, therapy, and medical products for evaluation, diagnosis, and testing.
- Bohannon RW. Considerations and Practical Options for Measuring Muscle Strength: A Narrative Review. BioMed Research International. 2019; 2019: 8194537, PMID 30792998
- Pierrette Baschung Pfister. Manual Muscle Testing and Hand-Held Dynamometry in People with Inflammatory Myopathy: An Intra- and Interrater Reliability and Validity Study. PLoS. 2018; 13(3): 30194531, PMID: 29596450
- Keep, Heather, et al. Validity of the Handheld Dynamometer Compared with an Isokenetic Dynamometer in Measuring Peak Hip Extension Strength. Physiotherapy Canada. Winter 2016; 68(1): 15-22, PMID: 27504043
Click Below to Download