Pediatric Bath Chairs
Being a primary caregiver of a loved one with special needs or safety concerns can be very taxing as well as very rewarding. Diligently striving to provide compassionate care while ensuring their safety and yours is of primary concern. As knowledge and understanding of safety and comfort for the special needs person has expanded, so has the design and engineering of special assistive equipment. These engineering advances not only provide the safety and functionality for the special needs person, but also include ergonomic considerations to help reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injury to the caregiver during interventions.
Skillbuilders Otter Bath Pediatric Bath Chairs are designed to be highly versatile in delivering quality care when bathing or showering children with various disabilities, wheelchair confinement, postural issues, and unique needs while eliminating the worry of accidental falls, slips, or slides.
Built for Durability, Safety, and Versatility
This uniquely designed line of pediatric bath/shower chairs are constructed with sturdy, dense plastic frames and vinyl covered nylon fabric to withstand vigorous use while engineered to provide the needed options to ensure safety under varying circumstances. The chairs come in different sizes and include functionally adjustable backs, seats, and support straps that allow for customizing the fit of the chair to provide the user maximal comfort, convenience, and security.
Unique Features of the Skillbuilders Otter Bath Chairs
- Fits in all standard tub sizes
- Provides five (5) progressive adjustment angles of 0°, 22.5°, 45°, 67.5°, and 90°
- Seat and back can be adjusted independently and with one hand freeing the other hand to provide safety and stability to the child
- Head cushions, that can also double as lateral supports, are height and width adjustable
- Leg straps control for degree of hip abduction and adduction for body accessibility to properly clean the individual
- Adjustable slip resistant chair legs prevent slippage and allow for elevating the chair up to 7 inches
- Positioning straps enable adjustment by inserting them in any of the loops strategically positioned along the length of the chair for maximal comfort and safety
- Maneuvers easy in and out of the tub/shower and folds flat for convenient storage
- Fabric and straps can be removed for machine washing or scrubbed intact with soap and water
- Can be used outside the tub or shower
Otter Bath Chair Available Options
As children come in varying sizes, the Otter Bath Chairs come in different sizes and with varying capacities. They are:
- Small: dimensions 36” x 6” x 18”, weight capacity 60 lbs., chair weight 11 lbs.
- Medium: dimensions 42” x 6.5” x 17.5”, weight capacity 120 lbs., chair weight 12 lbs.
- Large: dimensions 39.5” x 6” x 18”, weight capacity 160 lbs., chair weight 14 lbs.
Otter Bath Chair Accessory
A height adjustable tub stand allows the bath chairs to be easily and securely attached via quick release locks to elevate the chair in the tub/shower. This makes the task of transferring the child in and out of the chair safer by reducing the amount of required bending and consequently reducing the risk for back strain and pain. Unique features include:
- Fits the small, medium, and large Otter Pediatric Bath Chairs
- Comes fully assembled, is use friendly, and folds flat for easy and convenient storage
- Using the tub stand does not interfere with the functionality or adjustability of the bath chairs
A child should never be left unattended while the bath chair is in use