Vertebral Osteoporosis Model, 3B Smart Anatomy Included
The 3B Scientific Thoracic Vertebral Osteoporosis Model illustrates in comparative format the effects of osteoporosis on segments T11-T12 of the thoracic vertebrae.
Unique Features of the 3B Scientific Thoracic Vertebral Osteoporosis Model, 3B Smart Anatomy:
- Displays side-by-side a healthy T11-T12 thoracic vertebral segment with one demonstrating the effects of osteoporosis. Reproductions of sequential osteoporotic thoracic vertebrae with narrower intervertebral disc are located on the left of the stand. Two healthy vertebrae with discs are on the right side
- Magnets on each specimen allow for half of the vertebrae go be removed to show normal and osteoporotic bone tissue
- A detailed illustration on the base depicts two 3D micro CT images obtained from bone biopsies
- Mounted on a base for easy display and storage
- Includes 3B Smart Anatomy App – 1 year access to the 23 anatomy lectures, 117 interactive models, and 39 quizzes. Can also register the model to extend warranty from 3 to 5 years
What do studies of using anatomical models in teaching and learning anatomy say?
Reference: Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2016 Oct;21(4):883-95.
The Effectiveness of Physical Models in Teaching Anatomy: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
The meta-analytical results are: educational methods using physical models yielded significantly better results when compared to all other educational methods for the overall knowledge outcome (p < 0.001) and for spatial knowledge acquisition (p < 0.001). Significantly better results were also found with regard to the long-retention knowledge outcome (p < 0.01). No significance was found for the factual knowledge acquisition outcome. The evidence in the present systematic review was found to have high internal validity and at least an acceptable strength. In conclusion, physical anatomical models offer a promising tool for teaching gross anatomy in 3D representation due to their easy accessibility and educational effectiveness. Such models could be a practical tool to bring up the learners' level of gross anatomy knowledge at low cost.
Dimensions: 6” x 4” x 4”
Weight: 2 lbs.
Notice: Typically ships in 1-2 days