4-Part Didactic Skull on Cervical Spine, 3B Smart Anatomy
The 3B Scientific 4-Part Didactic Color Skull Model on Cervical Spine is designed to be able to demonstrate the junction of the skull with C1 cervical vertebrae at the atlanto-occipital joint as well as the individual bones that make up the skull.
Unique Features of the 3B Scientific 4-Part Didactic Skull on Cervical Spine with 3B Smart Anatomy:
- Different bone color of all skull bones
- Skull sits atop the 7 cervical vertebrae at the atlanto-occipital joint
- Cervical nerve roots are demonstrated as the pass through the intervertebral formina
- Model includes representations of the hindbrain, spinal cord, cervical nerves, vertebral arteries, basilar artery and rear cerebral arteries
- Removeable skull cap allows study of the internal skull skeletal landmarks
- A hands-on model to touch, feel, and manipulate the skull at the junction joint between the skull and cervical vertebral C1 and the individual bones that comprise the skull
- Includes 3B Smart Anatomy App – 1 year access to the 23 anatomy lectures, 117 interactive models, and 39 quizzes. Can also register the model to extend warranty from 3 to 5 years
What do studies of using anatomical models in teaching and learning anatomy say?
Reference: Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2016 Oct;21(4):883-95.
The Effectiveness of Physical Models in Teaching Anatomy: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
The meta-analytical results are: educational methods using physical models yielded significantly better results when compared to all other educational methods for the overall knowledge outcome (p < 0.001) and for spatial knowledge acquisition (p < 0.001). Significantly better results were also found with regard to the long-retention knowledge outcome (p < 0.01). No significance was found for the factual knowledge acquisition outcome. The evidence in the present systematic review was found to have high internal validity and at least an acceptable strength. In conclusion, physical anatomical models offer a promising tool for teaching gross anatomy in 3D representation due to their easy accessibility and educational effectiveness. Such models could be a practical tool to bring up the learners' level of gross anatomy knowledge at low cost.
Dimensions: 8” x 6” x 5”
Weight: 3 lbs.
Notice: Typically ships in 1-2 days