Care-Tec IV Electrical Stimulation Device
Acute trauma or repetitive motion Injury, surgery, emotional tension, immobilization, and faulty posture are some of the main factors that can cause musculoskeletal pain and inflammation. This leads to restricted (or further restricted) movement of the involved body part. When a body part or any joint in the upper or lower extremities is restricted in movement it adversely affects the circulatory system providing blood to that area. This causes a condition known as “circulatory stasis”, an inadequate blood flow to the tissues and a retention of metabolites or waste products of metabolism. This condition causes pain and muscle spasm and further restricts movement. Disuse of our extremities, or a condition of immobility, will lead to muscle atrophy, increased pain, and a breakdown of joint structure, especially the articular cartilage that covers the articulating surfaces of all our joints. In essence, a vicious cycle is created that must be broken to allow healing to occur and pain to be eliminated.
The Care Tec IV Electrical Stimulation Device is a small, compact, and portable electrotherapy device that can deliver four (4) different therapy modes, each working in a unique way to disrupt the vicious cycle at one or more of the point or block nerve pain impulse transmission. They are: Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS), Interferential (IF), and Russian Stim.
- TENS: This therapy uses high frequency electrical current delivered via electrodes attached to the skin to create a vibrational sensation that reduces the amount of pain impulse transmissions that are delivered to the brain. Click HERE for a full article that explains how a TENS unit reduces the pain a person is experiencing.
- EMS: This treatment modality sends electrical impulses to muscles that have been injured and are in a weakened state causing them to contract. In essence, it is similar as to if the brain had initiated the nerve impulse to cause the muscle to contract. This repeated muscle contraction helps “re-educate” the muscle from its prolonged period of disuse or minimal use, improves blood flow to the muscle, and strengthens the muscle it as an essential component in the rehabilitation process of damaged and weakened muscles.
- Interferential: Interferential stimulation therapy uses two alternating electrical currents of different frequencies to produce an interferential current shown to positively affect nerves, reduce inflammation and pain, and increase blood flow to the injured tissue to promote healing.
- Russian Stim: Russian stimulation, sometimes referred to as functional electrical stimulation, has proven helpful in improving the force generating capacity of injured muscle helping to strengthen it more quickly following injury or surgery. This makes this an important treatment modality for the athlete or any individual seeking to return to sport or activity quickly.
Unique Features of the Care Tec IV Electrical Stimulation Device
- Comes with pre-set therapy program for each of the four therapy mode waveforms so treatment is very user friendly.
- Dual channel configuration allows for use of four electrodes
- Digital display for easy to read settings
- Continuous or 1-60 second automatic shut-off timer
- Uses one (1) standard 9-volt battery or AC adapter
- Dimensions: 4.5” x 2.55” x 0.9”
- Weight: 0.28 lbs. With battery
The Care Tec IV Electrical Stimulation Device Package Includes:
- The Care Tec IV Electrical Stimulation device
- One 9-volt battery
- 45” lead wires
- An AC adapter
- One pack of four self-adhesive reusable electrodes
- Instructional manual
- A hard and durable plastic carrying case
- One-year warranty
Electrotherapy Treatment Modes Specifications