Cervical Range of Motion CROM Basic Spinal Assessment Device
Use the CROM (Cervical Range-Of-Motion) device to easily and quickly obtain accurate, objective, repeatable measurements of cervical movement. The CROM is the only instrument for which normal values have been established for medical professionals assessing patient cervical range of motion.
The CROM combines magnets with inclinometers. It eliminates slippage, positioning, zeroing and tracking errors common with stand-alone inclinometers, plus it allows measurement of rotation movements in the upright position.
Use the CROM to document:
- Standard measurements
- Sub-occipital flexion and extension
- Forward head measurements (deluxe model only)
- Lateral flexion
- Cervical rotation
The lightweight CROM secures comfortably with hook-and-loop straps.
Advantages of using the CROM for Basic Spinal ROM Assessment:
- Positions easily and securely like a pair of sunglasses
- Examiner's hands remain free to guide patientâs movements
- Inclinometers are preset to frame eliminating zeroing time and errors
- Fluid damped inclinometers permit fast, accurate readings without waiting for oscillations to damp out
- Positions to the nose and ears, eliminates the substantial error (10% or more) common in stand alone inclinometer placement
- Secured to the head by hook and loop straps, eliminates tracking errors since it will not slip during movement
- Magnetic reference eliminates shoulder and torso movements during rotation
The CROM Basic includes:
- CROM mainframe, straps and nosepiece
- Rotation arm
- Magnetic reference
- Standardized written protocol
- Instructional DVD (VHS format upon request)
- Attractive vinyl carrying case
- Full one year warranty
Cervical Range of Motion (CROM) Devices (Basic, Deluxe, & III Models)
There are three different CROM devices by Performance Attainment Association.
Important: The CROM is the only instrument for which normal values have been established for medical professionals assessing patient cervical range of motion (cervical flexion, extension, rotation, and lateral flexion), and while allowing measurement in the upright position.
These are the different CROM models with a brief summary of key information.
Cervical Range of Motion – CROM Basic Model
Cervical Range of Motion – CROM Deluxe Model
Cervical Range of Motion –CROM III Model
Note: the head forward unit for measuring protrusion, retraction and dorsal glide can be purchased separately
For documentation on how to use the Basic Cervical Range of Motion, see our resource center.