CROM 3 (Cervical Range of Motion) Spinal Assessment Set
The CROM has set the standard for cervical range of motion measurements. The CROM 3, the next generation of measurement instruments, utilizes a ball technology that makes the CROM 3 easier to read and easier to use than the basic assessment set.
The CROM 3 eliminates errors with initial head position and location by locating to anatomical landmarks with inclinometers zeroed to the instrument frame. Tracking errors are eliminated by securing the frame to the head using straps, which prevents the inclinometers from slipping.
A compass is used for rotation measurements, allowing measurements to be made in the preferred upright position. As the head rotates the compass indicates the angle of rotation in reference to the shoulders, allowing fast, accurate readings.
Benefits of the CROM 3
- The CROM 3 has three-inch dials which makes measurements readable to one degree.
- The ball indicator on the CROM 3 inclinometers reduces sensitivity to vertical orientation
- Improved location of the Sagittal meter
- The rotation arm on the CROM 3 is attached to the side of the CROM (instead of the front) making the CROM more comfortable for the patient.
- The arm on the CROM 3 is one inch lower than the original CROM which makes measurements easier for the examiner to read.
- A specially adapted Forward Head unit is available for the CROM 3. As with the original, the CROM 3 Head Forward unit measures the head position relative to the seventh vertebra.
Use the CROM 3 to measure:
- Sub-occipital flexion and extension
- Cervical Flexion and extension
- Rotation and Lateral side bend
- Rounded Shoulders
- Optional Forward Head Unit for protrusion, retraction and dorsal glide measurements
The CROM 3 includes:
- CROM mainframe with 3 inch dials, straps and nose piece
- Rotation arm
- Magnetic Reference
- Tape Measure for Rounded Shoulders
- Standardized written protocol
- Instructional DVD (VHS format available upon request)
- Attractive vinyl carrying case
- Full one year warranty