Adtemp™ 429 Non-Contact Thermometer
The need for quick, accurate, and non-contact temperature assessment is essential for safe and effective screening and measurement. The Adtemp™ 429 non-contact handheld thermometer features an infrared sensor that reads temperature when placed 4-6 cm (1.5”-2.5”) from the middle of the forehead. With no skin contact for low risk for cross contamination, an accurate measurement is obtained comfortably and non-invasively in about 1 second, and without the need for costly probe covers.
Because of the ease of use, portability (3 oz), and accuracy, the Adtemp™ 429 non-contact thermometer is a long-standing necessity for use in the traditional settings of hospitals, medical clinics, and long-term care facilities. It is also an excellent and in-demand screening tool for PT, OT, and Chiropractic clinics, blood donation events, and literally any setting where workers or patrons should be screened for an elevated temperature in determining if entrance or participation should be allowed or postponed.
Specifications and Unique Features of the American Diagnostic Corporation’s Adtemp™ Non-Contact Thermometer
- Meets ASTM E1965-98 standards for accuracy
- Sensory feedback system signals when device is appropriately distance placed (4-6 cm or 1.5”-2.5”) from the forehead
- Infrared sensors for non-contact measurement
- An audible beep is delivered when the test is complete (about 1 second time) and a night mode for muted volume to avoid waking a sleeping patient
- Backlite LCD display for easy to read value
- Switchable Fahrenheit-Celsius reading
- Sensitivity to a wide range of temperatures for body mode (50°F to 122°F/10°C to 50°C) and object mode (32°F to 212°F/0°C to 100°C). Accuracy for °F is 0.5, and 0.3 for °C
- 30 reading memory for group or consecutive screening
- Auto-off function after 30 seconds non-use spares batter life providing approximately 2000 uses. Uses 2 AAA (1.5 v) batteries that are included
- 2-year warranty