Anatomical Muscle Torso Model, 27-Part with 3B Smart Anatomy
Unique Features of the 3B Scientific Anatomical torso with 27 parts, 3B Smart Anatomy:
- Model shows superficial and deep muscles of the torso region
- Life size model makes teaching before groups possible with easy to be seen anatomical detail
- The following parts can be removed from the muscle torso for detailed studies of human anatomy and muscular system:
- Skull cap
- 6-part brain
- Eyeball with optic nerve
- Chest/abdominal wall
- 2-part larynx
- 2 lungs
- 2-part heart
- 2-part stomach
- Liver with gall bladder
- Front half of kidney
- Half urinary bladder
- 4 muscles
- Complete intestinal tract with appendix
- Includes 3B Smart Anatomy App – 1 year access to the 23 anatomy lectures, 117 interactive models, and 39 quizzes. Can also register the model to extend warranty from 3 to 5 years
What do studies of using anatomical models in teaching and learning anatomy say?
Reference: Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2016 Oct;21(4):883-95.
The Effectiveness of Physical Models in Teaching Anatomy: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
The meta-analytical results are: educational methods using physical models yielded significantly better results when compared to all other educational methods for the overall knowledge outcome (p < 0.001) and for spatial knowledge acquisition (p < 0.001). Significantly better results were also found with regard to the long-retention knowledge outcome (p < 0.01). No significance was found for the factual knowledge acquisition outcome. The evidence in the present systematic review was found to have high internal validity and at least an acceptable strength. In conclusion, physical anatomical models offer a promising tool for teaching gross anatomy in 3D representation due to their easy accessibility and educational effectiveness. Such models could be a practical tool to bring up the learners' level of gross anatomy knowledge at low cost.
Dimensions: 37.4” x 13.8” x 23.6”
Weight: 48 lbs.
Notice: Typically ships out in 1 week