Classic Flexible Spine with Male Pelvis and Femur Heads, 3B Smart Anatomy Included
The 3B Scientific Classic Flexible Spine with Male Pelvis and Femur Heads provides an excellent teaching and learning tool to demonstrate and practice performing spinal movements to identify the associated vertebral facet actions and intervertebral foramen changes.
Unique Features of the 3B Scientific Classic Flexible Spine Model with Femur Heads, 3B Smart Anatomy:
- Made of durable plastic and engineered for repetitive hands-on spinal flexion, extension, lateral flexion, and rotational movements
- Features moveable mounted femur heads
- The spinal column sits on a male pelvic base and junctions with the occipital plate at top
- The spinal column includes a herniated or prolapsed disc at the L3-L4 spinal segment level, spinal nerves exiting the spina column through the intervertebral foramen, and the vertebral artery in the cervical segment
- Includes 3B Smart Anatomy App – 1 year access to the 23 anatomy lectures, 117 interactive models, and 39 quizzes. Can also register the model to extend warranty from 3 to 5 years
What do studies of using anatomical models in teaching and learning anatomy say?
Reference: Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2016 Oct;21(4):883-95.
The Effectiveness of Physical Models in Teaching Anatomy: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
The meta-analytical results are: educational methods using physical models yielded significantly better results when compared to all other educational methods for the overall knowledge outcome (p < 0.001) and for spatial knowledge acquisition (p < 0.001). Significantly better results were also found with regard to the long-retention knowledge outcome (p < 0.01). No significance was found for the factual knowledge acquisition outcome. The evidence in the present systematic review was found to have high internal validity and at least an acceptable strength. In conclusion, physical anatomical models offer a promising tool for teaching gross anatomy in 3D representation due to their easy accessibility and educational effectiveness. Such models could be a practical tool to bring up the learners' level of gross anatomy knowledge at low cost.
Dimensions: 29” x 10” x 10”
Weight: 6 lbs.
Notice: Typically ships in 1-2 days