Ligament Skeleton on Roller Stand – Leo the Ligament Skeleton
The 3B Scientific Ligament Full Body Skeleton on Roller Stand is a full-size skeleton with elastic ligaments placed on the major joints on the right side of the skeleton. Great for interactive teaching the ligamentous support system of the joints they cross and act upon. Used in hospitals, clinics, schools, and universities to teach and demonstrate human skeletal anatomy.
Unique Features of the 3B Scientific Ligament Full Body Skeleton Model with 3B Smart Anatomy:
- Full body skeleton is waist mounted on a metal roller stand (painted white)
- Provides elastic ligaments on the major joints of the body on the right side of the skeleton
- Features 3-part skull, individually inserted teeth, removable arms and legs, natural cast, transparent dust cover
- Dimensions: 69.5” and 21.98 lbs.
- 3 year warranty
- Includes 3B Smart Anatomy App – 1 year access to the 23 anatomy lectures, 117 interactive models, and 39 quizzes. Can also register the model to extend warranty from 3 to 5 years
What do studies of using anatomical models in teaching and learning anatomy say?
Reference: Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2016 Oct;21(4):883-95.
The Effectiveness of Physical Models in Teaching Anatomy: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
The meta-analytical results are: educational methods using physical models yielded significantly better results when compared to all other educational methods for the overall knowledge outcome (p < 0.001) and for spatial knowledge acquisition (p < 0.001). Significantly better results were also found with regard to the long-retention knowledge outcome (p < 0.01). No significance was found for the factual knowledge acquisition outcome. The evidence in the present systematic review was found to have high internal validity and at least an acceptable strength. In conclusion, physical anatomical models offer a promising tool for teaching gross anatomy in 3D representation due to their easy accessibility and educational effectiveness. Such models could be a practical tool to bring up the learners' level of gross anatomy knowledge at low cost.
Dimensions: 67” x 20” x 20”
Weight: 28 lbs.
Notice: Typically ships in 1-2 days