Non-Contact Infrared Forehead Thermometers
We live in a time when certain on the spot checks of important health information is an essential element in the front-line efforts to combat the spread of infection or simply screen for decision making processes. This infrared forehead thermometer provides a quick, non-invasive, non-contact check of a person’s temperature. A convenient tool for screening patients in the waiting room or your clinic, workers before beginning a shift, patrons to shopping or any event (such as blood donations) where a determination of body temperature may be important in detecting entrance or involvement.
The infrared sensor detects temperature at an inch (2.54cm) away from the forehead and only takes 2-3 seconds to complete the assessment that is then signaled with a beep. A quick display of the temperature appears on the LCD screen. If the temperature reading is >100° F a sad face icon will appear. If the reading is <100° F a happy face icon will appear. With no skin contact for low risk cross contamination, an accurate measurement is obtained comfortably and without the need for costly probe covers.
Specifications and Unique Features of the Infrared Forehead Thermometer
- The thermometer is activated with a simple press of a button which lights up the LCD screen for a quick self-check prior to use
- Assessment only takes 2-3 seconds after which a beep indicates the measurement is complete
- Infrared sensors for non-contact measurement and without the use of costly probe covers
- 10 memory slots are available for recording of measurements
- Along with temperature, the date and time are also noted.
- Sensitivity to a wide range of temperatures from 50° F to 104° F (10° C to 40° C) and can provide readings in both
- Effective in reading human, animal, and object temperatures
- Auto-off function after 1 minutes of inactivity
- Dimensions: 6.5” x 1.75” x 1.75” in size and only .34 lbs - for compact convenience and ease of take-on-the-go.
- Battery and instruction guide come with the purchase
How to use the Infrared Forehead Thermometer Directions:
1. Press the on button, once pressed LCD screen will light up and show it is ready for use.
2. Aim the thermometer about an inch away from the forehead, and press start.
3. The thermometer will make a sound signaling completion after about 2-3 seconds.
4. The temperature will stay displayed for recording purposes, you can also see the last 10 readings in the memory slots.
5. If a temperature reading is below 100 degrees Fahrenheit, a happy face will appear next to the result.
6. If the reading is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, a sad face appears.
7. Not just for reading human temperature, the thermometer can also measure the temperature of objects, such as milk for a baby or a hot compress for a patient.
With instructions so simple, even a child can use this. With the battery and instruction guide included, this unit is ready to go as soon as you open the box. Capable of measurements from 50 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Offers readings in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. At less than 6" long and weighing less than half a pound, the thermometer is easy to store in a drawer or throw in a bag to take on-the-go. Thermometer automatically shuts off after 1 minute of inactivity. Case of 10.