Shorty the Mini Skeleton with Muscles on Hanging Stand For Sale
The 3B Scientific Mini Skeleton with Muscles comes on a mounted base that can be placed on the floor or table or hung on a wall. The size and weight of this skeleton makes it an easily transportable skeleton for interactive learning in any setting.
Unique Features of the 3B Scientific Mini Skeleton Anatomical Model with 3B Smart Anatomy:
- Made of durable plastic and mounted a stand with a base so it can be placed on the floor or on a table
- The hand-painted muscle origins (red) and insertions (blue) on the left half of the skeletal enhances the study of muscle line of pull by enabling the student to visualize the how and where the muscle crosses the joint(s)
- Features removable arms and legs, and specially mounted hip joints to demonstrate natural internal and external rotation of the hips
- Comes with 3-part skull (skullcap, base of skull and mandible)
- Dimensions: 37” and 3.75 lbs.
- 3 year warranty
- Includes 3B Smart Anatomy App – 1 year access to the 23 anatomy lectures, 117 interactive models, and 39 quizzes. Can also register the model to extend warranty from 3 to 5 years
What do studies of using anatomical models in teaching and learning anatomy say?
Reference: Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2016 Oct;21(4):883-95.
The Effectiveness of Physical Models in Teaching Anatomy: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
The meta-analytical results are: educational methods using physical models yielded significantly better results when compared to all other educational methods for the overall knowledge outcome (p < 0.001) and for spatial knowledge acquisition (p < 0.001). Significantly better results were also found with regard to the long-retention knowledge outcome (p < 0.01). No significance was found for the factual knowledge acquisition outcome. The evidence in the present systematic review was found to have high internal validity and at least an acceptable strength. In conclusion, physical anatomical models offer a promising tool for teaching gross anatomy in 3D representation due to their easy accessibility and educational effectiveness. Such models could be a practical tool to bring up the learners' level of gross anatomy knowledge at low cost.
Dimensions: 37” x 11” x 11”
Weight: 8 lbs.
Notice: Typically ships in 1-2 days