Allen Cognitive- ACLS and Large Allen Cognitive Level Screen- LACLS tools:
When determining a patient's ability to work and think independently and learn basic skills using this leather sewing square can be more effective than asking questions and trying to decipher what help the patient truly needs. The Stand size and Large size Allen Cognitive Level Screen is simple and rewarding for patients. Visual impairment often accompanies aging patients that also suffer from Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. It is vital to know if someone cannot pass the test due to actual lack of ability or if they simply cannot work with the standard size test. That is why it is essential to have both sized tests to assess those who are and are not visually impaired.
What does this kit include?
1. Large size leather rectangle with precut holes on the outer edges (3-3/4" x 4-3/4")
2. Standard size leather rectangle with precut holes on the outer edges (3-3/4" x 4-3/4")
3. 1 large eye steel needle,
4. 2 Perma-Lok needles
5. 1 shoelace
6. 72" waxed linen thread 60" of 3/32" wide leather lace
7. 60" of 3/16" wide leather lace (contains natural rubber Latex)
Steps to perform a Cognitive Test:
1. Client is shown a running stitch and asked to mimic the stitch several times.
2. Client is shown a more complex Whip-stich and is asked to make several stiches in a row.
3. Health care professional makes a mistake in a stitch and asks the client to fix it.
4. Client is shown the Cordovan stitch but not shown how to make it. The client must then perform the stitch on their own.
Who Uses the Cognitive Test?
This test is often performed on those who might be suffering from Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease to determine executive functioning rather than memory. This test is easy and essential in trying to determine patients’ level of independence. ACLS and LACLS tests are also used to detect unrecognized or suspected problems related to functional cognition. The steel and brass needles are easy to clean and ideal for multi-use environments. The larger test is to assess a patient who is visually impaired. Health care professionals can rely on this test to show if someone will be able to live on their own or need more assistance. This test should be used in conjunction with other tests.
Related Cognitive Testing Products
- Needle replacement kit sold HERE and HERE.
- String Replacement kit sold HERE and HERE.
- Manual for the Allen Cognitive Level Screen-5 with ACLS and LACLS Tools sold HERE.
- Standard Allen Cognitive Level Screen- LACLS sold HERE.
- Large Allen Cognitive Level Screen- LACLS sold HERE.
- Allen Cognitive ACLS-5/LACLS-5 Scoring Trifold sold HERE.
- Allen Cognitive Disposable LACLS 4-pack sold HERE.