Manual for the Allen Cognitive Level Screen-5 with ACLS and Standard LACLS Tools
When determining a patient's ability to work and think independently and learn basic skills using this leather sewing square can be more effective than asking questions and trying to decipher what help the patient truly needs. The Allen Cognitive Level Screen is simple and rewarding for patients. Visual impairment often accompanies aging patients that also suffer from Dementia and Alzheimers, so having both the standard sized test and the large size test is essential. It is vital to know if someone cannot pass the test due to actual lack of ability or if they simply cannot work with the standard size test.
The in depth knowledge that this manual provides enables proper administration of the Allen Cognitive test. Having resources and references to past studies will help healthcare professionals and their patients have more trust in the Allen Cognitive test, which will ensure the best outcome for all.
This kit is perfect for beginners to have everything they need easily on hand for every type of patient.
What does this kit include?
- Large size leather rectangle with precut holes on the outer edges (3-3/4" x 4-3/4")
- Standard size leather rectangle with precut holes on the outer edges (3-3/4" x 4-3/4")
- Three blunt standard style needles
- Three blunt Large style needles
- Manual for the Allen Cognitive Level Screen-5 Spiral bound booklet.
- In depth color-coded instructions on how to perform the Standard LACLS cognitive test
- Scoring tables
- Instructions on how to interpret the scoring tables.
- Appendixes, references, and resources for practitioners.
Knowing how to perform the Allen Cognitive Test is essential for getting the most valuable information from patients. Treating Alzheimer's disease and Dementia can be tricky. Simply asking questions or reading a survey won’t give you enough information to help a healthcare worker make the most informed and helpful decisions.
This manual is the most recently updated and revised version for administering both ACLS and LACLS and is guided by the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (AERA, 1999).
New sections include
- Definition of "functional cognition"
- History of the cognitive disabilities model
- Set up of the tools with photos
- Color-coded administration instructions
- Revised scoring tables
- Assigning and interpreting scores
- Review of published research
- Four Appendixes
- Resources for practitioners
Spiral bound notebook comes with a handy, clear plastic pouch to hold your ACLS and LACLS tools.
By Claudia Allen (MA, OTR, FAOTA), Sarah Austin (MS, OTR/L), Sandra David (OTR/L), Catherine Earhart (OTR/L), Deane McCraith (MS, OTR/L) and Linda Riska-Williams (MA, OTR/L).
Healthcare professionals hold a heavy responsibility to take care of a patient’s best interest. Gaining the most information and using it effectively can truly change lives.
- Needle replacement kit sold HERE and HERE.
- String Replacement kit sold HERE and HERE.
- Manual for the Allen Cognitive Level Screen-5 with ACLS and LACLS Tools sold HERE.
- Allen Cognitive ACLS and LACLS tools sold HERE.
- Standard Allen Cognitive Level Screen- LACLS sold HERE.
- Large Allen Cognitive Level Screen- LACLS sold HERE.
- Allen Cognitive ACLS-5/LACLS-5 Scoring Trifold sold HERE.
- Allen Cognitive Disposable LACLS 4-pack sold HERE.