Allen Cognitive Level Screen- ACLS
When determining a patient's ability to work and think independently and learn basic skills using this leather sewing square can be more effective than asking questions and trying to decipher what help the patient truly needs. The Allen Cognitive Level Screen is simple and rewarding for patients.
What does this kit include?
1. Standard size leather rectangle with precut holes on the outer edges (3-3/4" x 4-3/4")
2. Three blunt style needles
Steps to perform a Cognitive Test:
1. Client is shown a running stitch and asked to mimic the stitch several times.
2. Client is shown a more complex Whipstich and is asked to make several stiches in a row.
3. Health care professional makes a mistake in a stitch and asks the client to fix it.
4. Client is shown the Cordovan stitch but not shown how to make it. The client must then perform the stitch on their own.
Health care professionals assess the results using Allen Cognitive ACLS-5/LACLS-5 Scoring Trifold sold Here, and score patients on a scale from 1-6.
Who Uses the Cognitive Test?
This test is often performed on those who might be suffering from Dementia and Alzheimers to determine executive functioning rather than memory. This test is easy and essential in trying to determine patients level of independence. Health care professionals can rely on this test to show if someone will be able to live on their own or need more assistance. This test should be used in conjunction with other tests.
Related Cognitive Testing Products
- Needle replacement kit can be found HERE.
- String Replacement kit can be found HERE.
- Standard manual for the Allen Cognitive Level Screen-5 with ACLS and LACLS Tools sold HERE.
- Large Allen Cognitive Level Screen- LACLS sold HERE.
- Allen Cognitive ACLS-5/LACLS-5 Scoring Trifold sold HERE.